The LDG team is providing various course development roadmaps for the different lead times until courses start and faculty members' varying levels of technical knowledge and experience with remote and/or online instruction. Choose the option that best fits your needs and use the appropriate Roadmap for a step-by-step guide to have your remote course ready for students.
If you want to schedule a virtual meeting with an Instructional Designer to make sure you are ready for the start of your course, please contact the LDG team well in advance of when your course starts.
Your content should be ready at least two weeks before students have access to your course. You will then have time to make final edits and address any last-minute concerns. This will ensure that the LDG team has allocated time on our development schedules to provide the support you need.
Below are some of the general support services the LDG team will provide.
- Varying levels of faculty support depending on the needs and technology skills of faculty
- Working with faculty to set realistic expectations based on available time for faculty and amount of time before start of course
- Assisting with making sure remote courses are ready for students
- Assisting with adding content into Canvas, the CU Boulder Learning Management System (LMS)
- Assisting with formatting and designing content in Canvas
- Collaboration on ways to create student centered learning
- Brainstorming how to convert face-to-face content to remote format
- Using Zoom to create course content
- Securing Zoom meetings
- Recording lectures using software available through CU Boulder
- Canvas troubleshooting
- Continued Canvas support
- Accessibility concerns and questions
- Help with implementing desired changes or updates to existing course content