Purpose and Description
LEAP Individual Growth Grants provide funding for projects that will assist in advancing the careers of Associate Professors on the CU Boulder campus. Multiple awards will be given in amounts up to $12,000 each. In order to fund as many deserving projects as possible, the evaluation committee will reserve the right to make awards of less than $12,000. Funding will be granted for one year and funded projects must be completed by June 1, 2021.
All tenured Associate Professors who are not currently under review for promotion to Professor are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to faculty who have not previously received a LEAP Associate Professor Growth Grant; who are at least 5 years beyond tenure; and whose substantial service responsibilities since tenure, as made evident in the applicant’s c.v. and personal statement, have had an impact on research productivity.
All projects must meet the following criteria:
Please pay close attention to format. The description and purpose should be easily understood by scholars outside your disciplinary expertise.
Proposals should be no longer than three pages and include the following:
- Project title;
- Name, phone number, and email address of author;
- Project description and purpose;. It is very important that the project description be easily understood by scholars outside your disciplinary expertise.
- Statement of the project’s intended impact, outcomes, and measures;
- Statement of how this project will help advance the applicant towards promotion to professor;
- Amount requested, not to exceed $12,000, and an itemized budget;
In addition to the project proposal, your application must include the following:
Proposals and all supporting documentation should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 4, 2020 @ 3:00pm MST
Notice of Award
Award recipients will be notified in April 2020.
Funds will be available by July 1, 2020.
A written summary report will be due by June 1, 2021 to the LEAP Program. This summary needs to answer the following questions:
- Provide a short summary of the proposal and the outcome for you;
- In what ways has this had a positive impact on your career?
- Will you be submitting any grants as a result of this work?
- Do you have any publications or products as a result of this grant?
Martha Hanna, Faculty Director of LEAP: email@example.com