At Colorado Law, we understand that a US law degree is a significant financial investment for international lawyers and students. While we do not have formal, internal scholarships in place for LLM students, we are willing to consider highly qualified applicants for a potential award. There is no separate application for a Colorado Law LLM scholarship, our admissions committee will decide to award internal scholarships on an ad hoc basis.
We highly encourage all international students to seek financial aid and scholarship funds from sources in their home countries. One of the best sources for relevant scholarships is EducationUSA, and we highly encourage all applicants to speak with an in-country EducationUSA advisor in their home country. The information below has been compiled to assist you in your search for funding. Please be aware that sites may change at any time, the funding awards may increase, decrease or be eliminated without notice. Please check the websites for deadlines and requirements. Deadlines are generally 6-12 months before the start of your LLM program.
Scholarship Opportunities for International Students
- Aga Khan Foundation-The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
- American Association of University Women International Fellowship-International Fellowships are awarded for full-time study or research in the United States to women who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- The Belgian American Education Foundation-Up to $48,000 for applicants with Belgian nationality to pursue a US LLM degree.
- Canadian Federation of University Women-The CFUW Charitable Trust provides funds for a range of post graduate awards and fellowships to women.
- Citadel Capital Scholarship Foundation-CCSF grants scholarships to Egyptians to pursue their graduate studies in all academic fields and foreign universities.
- College Women’s Association of Japan-The Association supports graduate study at English-speaking universities and research institutions abroad for women who are citizens or special permanent residents of Japan.
- The Denmark-America Foundation-The Denmark-America Foundation offer grants for Danes going abroad to study in America.
- Finland Pertti Lindfors Legal Studies Fund-Citizens of Finland are eligible to apply.
- Fulbright Foreign Students Program-Provides both monetary awards and the prestige of being a Fulbright Scholar.
- America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST)-AMIDEAST administers the Fulbright Scholar Program in North Africa and the Middle East.
- German Academic Exchange Service: DAAD scholarship-Resource for German applicants/students.
- The Icelandic-American Society
- Inter-American Agency for Cooperation and Development (IACD) of the Organization of American States (OAS)-The OAS Academic Scholarship Program (Regular Program), established in 1958, grants scholarships every year to students from Latin America.
- The League of Finnish-American Societies
- The Margaret McNamara Educational Grants-MMEG awards education grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women from developing countries who are enrolled as full-time students for the following academic term in accredited universities in the United States and Canada, have demonstrated financial need and are committed to working for the well-being of women and children.
- Comisión Mexico-Estados Unidos para el Intercambio Educativo y Cultural (COMEXUS)-Helps administer Fulbright awards in Mexico.
- Noram Scholarship-Funding mechanisms for Norwegians.
- Pakistan — Higher Education Commission-Higher education funding opportunities for Pakistani students.
- PEO International Peace Scholarship for Women
- Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation-All LLMs who can demonstrate a commitment to the study of natural resources law are eligible to apply. Awards will vary.
- Rotary International Ambassadorial Scholarship
- Royal Thai Government Scholarships
- Sir Edward Youde Memorial Fund Council-Higher education funding for permanent residents of Hong Kong.
- Sir Robert Black Trust Fund-Higher education funding for persons who have resided in Hong Kong for at least five years.
- Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans-The Paul & Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans is a fellowship program intended for United States immigrants and children of immigrants
- The Sweden-America Foundation Fellowship Program
- Tan Kah Kee Foundation Scholarships-The Tan Kah Kee Foundation offers two postgraduate scholarships for Singapre Citizens and Permanent Residents (PRs) pursuing their full-time PhD or Master's degrees.
- Taraknath Das Foundation-Applicants must be Indian passport holders who have completed at least one year of graduate studies in the US.
- Victor Pinchuk Foundation-Partial funding opportunities for Ukrainian students.
- World Wide Studies (Ukrainian Students)
Scholarship Search Sites
- Leo S. Rowe Pan American Fund
Interest free student loan program of the Organization of American States. Applicant must be a citizen of a Latin American or Caribbean member country of the Organization of American States.