CIBA SCHOLARSHIP ANNOUNCEMENTThe Colorado Indian Bar Association (CIBA) is delighted to announce that Dena Ivey, a third year law student at Colorado Law, is one of the winners of this year’s CIBA Scholarship.  Every year, CIBA awards scholarships to Native American law students at the two law schools in Colorado, Colorado Law, and University of Denver College of Law.  Recipients must have demonstrated a commitment to providing legal assistance to American Indian tribes or individuals, and have the intention of continuing to do so upon graduating from law school.Dena, who is Yup’ik, was born in Fairbanks and her ancestors are from the Bethel region of Alaska.  Dena plans to seek a position with a tribal or village council when she graduates from law school.  As she puts it, “I am not interested in making a lot of money:  being true to my ancestors and my culture is most important to me.”  Dena’s professional goal is to “leave the state of federal Indian law in better condition than I found it, however slight that difference might be.”  CIBA is sure that Dena will make a difference, and the CIBA membership is honored to be able to contribute in some way to her career and her future.  The $2,000 CIBA scholarship was awarded to Dena last Thursday, May 19, 2005 at our spring meeting.