- 100% fully online
- 12 graduate credits
- Program costs just under $6,000 ($495 per credit hour)
- Payment plans are available
- Finish in 2-4 semesters
- Admission requirements: a four-year Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Take all 12 credits to get certified or take individual courses
- Start at any time and take the courses in any order
- TOEFL not required
- For all level users of technology
- You will need access to an Internet connection and a recent desktop or laptop computer (not a tablet) with a functional sound card and webcam
Is this professional development program right for you?
- Are your language teaching professional development opportunities limited?
- Are you interested in using new technology but you don't have time to keep up with and explore the latest tools?
- Do you wonder whether the tools you use really help your students develop their language proficiency?
The certificate program will introduce you to the most useful and relevant tools, therefore saving you precious time. Throughout the courses, you will:
- Work with and learn from fellow language teachers
- Try tools that we have explored and selected for you
- Design lesson plans and experiment in a safe and supportive environment
Our goal is to help you master the technology so that you can focus on your students.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions: LGTCcertificate@colorado.edu
Plan your journey
We offer courses in the fall, spring and summer semesters. You can take the courses in any order. You need to complete 12 credits, including LGTC 5020 (3 credits) and LGTC 5030 (2 credits). Visit the Schedule page to find out which courses are currently open for registration.