About the Book Club
The book club is an informal group composed of educators interested in reading and discussing various books related to language teaching or education in general. Members of the group select a new book every 6 weeks or so. The discussions are conducted in Canvas over the course of 6 to 8 weeks.
Anybody is welcome to join the book club. Simply fill out the sign-up form and you will receive information on how to join the private Facebook group (if you wish to participate via Facebook) as well as the dates and times of the Twitter chats and live sessions.
Spring 2019 book selection: Learning Transported by Jaime Donally
Books we have read so far:
- While We're on the Topic by Bill Van Patten
- Explore Like a Pirate by Michael Matera.
- Social Leadia by Jennifer Casa-Todd.
- LAUNCH: Using Design Thinking to Boost Creativity and Bring Out the Maker in Every Student by John Spencer, A.J. Juliani.
- Differentiated Instruction: A Guide for Foreign Language Teachers by Deborah Blaz