About the Book Club
The book club is an informal group composed of educators interested in reading and discussing various books related to language teaching or education in general. The discussions are conducted in Canvas over the course of 6 to 8 weeks.
Anybody is welcome to join the book club. Simply fill out the sign-up form and you will receive information on how to join the Canvas course.
Spring 2020 book selection:
Disability and World Language Learning:
Inclusive Teaching for Diverse Learners by Sally Scott and Wade Edwards (start date January 13, 2020). The book is available from a Amazon or request it from your library. Teachers who read the book and participate in all the weekly discussions on Canvas will receive a certificate of attendance for 15 contact hours.
Books we have read so far:
- Learning Transported by Jaime Donally
- While We're on the Topic by Bill Van Patten
- Explore Like a Pirate by Michael Matera.
- Social Leadia by Jennifer Casa-Todd.
- LAUNCH: Using Design Thinking to Boost Creativity and Bring Out the Maker in Every Student by John Spencer, A.J. Juliani.
- Differentiated Instruction: A Guide for Foreign Language Teachers by Deborah Blaz