Published: Dec. 18, 2017

Congratulations to our three 2017 certificate graduates! Mark, Amy and Heidi have completed the required 12 credits (and some). It has been a pleasure having them as students in the program. We've enjoyed their thoughtful contributions to the discussions and their innovative approach to language teaching with technology. We wish them the best of luck with their teaching careers.

Mark AbalosMark Arthur Payumo Abalos
Quezon City, Philippines

Mark is the founder and CEO of an English language school in the Philippines and has been teaching English as a Second Language for over 10 years. He left the academe two years ago to take new challenges beyond the university classroom.

Amy RankinAmy Rankin
Midland, Michigan

Amy has been teaching French for 17 years. She has been serving as the Midland Public Schools World Language grades 6-12 Teacher Leader for about 7 years.

Heidi TrudeHeidi Trude
Front Royal, Virginia

Heidi has been teaching French for over 10 years. She is the 2017 Virginia language teacher of the year and she also works for Google as a curriculum design specialist.

Excerpts from the certificate exit survey:

"The Certificate Program is one of the best programs I have been a part of. Not only did I learn about technology integration with language teaching, but I also connected with wonderful educators from across the US and Europe. This program has exceeded my expectations. I wish there were more classes for me to take! I love this program that much!"

"Not only did I learn about new technologies to implement in my classroom, but I also reflected on my teaching in general which inspired me to improve my instructional approaches and strategies. I am glad there were foundation courses that reminded me of key principles that I had learned years ago in grad school, but that may have gotten lost along the way."

Sign up today for a spring course and get started on your certification in language teaching with technology in 2018.