Research has returned to full capacity
New guidelines for SIP :
- Masks covering mouth and nose are optional indoors starting 03/07/2022.
- Find more details about the mask mandate at CU Boulder and about campus updates on the campus Covid-19 website.
- Physical distancing is not required anymore. Different users can use instruments in the same room at the same time.
- I strongly recommend that people do not crowed space at the instruments unnecessarily, even without the strict requirement for distancing. People not involved/needed for an experiment should not “hang out” at the instruments.
- Users should still use the spray bottles/paper towels to wipe everything down after use.
Imagers (LAS 4000 and Typhoon)
- Centrifuges can be booked through the JSCBB calendar
- Each centrifuge has its own line in the JSCBB calendar system for Shared Instruments
- High-speed centrifuge [E113]: Sorvall RC-5B
- Tabletop Ultracentrifuge [B281]: Beckman TL-100 / C3
- Sign up for the instrument using the JSCBB scheduler, but please remember to sign the paper log at the centrifuge as well.
- The sign-up system will change from booking by room to booking by Autoclave #.
- The sign-up system will change to allow booking by autoclave, instead of by room.
- Each autoclave will have its own line in the JSCBB calendar system for Shared Instruments
- Autoclave [B351]: #39
- Autoclave [B351]: #40
- The more specialized instruments (see list below) have returned to the Google Calendar system we used before the pandemic. We are using the same Google Calendars we used before Covid-19. If you had access before, you should still have it.
- New users will get access to the calendar after the initial training.
- Sign up using the Google calendar, but don’t forget to sign the paper log at each instrument.
- All instruments can be used at the same time, since physical distancing is not required anymore.
- Google calendars will be in place for:
- Fluorometer (separate of PTI and Fluorolog)
- C3 Homogenizer
- Stopped- Flow fluorometer
- ITC (separate for ITC 200 and TA ITC)
- UV/Vis (separate for DU 640 and Carry 300)
- Abbe refractometer
- Check lab swinging bucket rotor for ultracentrifuges