F-1 and J-1 international students (including SEVIS transfer students) are required by federal regulations to complete SEVIS immigration reporting. If you do not complete the immigration reporting process noted below within 30 days of the start date indicated on your I-20 or DS-2019, ISSS will not be able to update your SEVIS record to Active status and it will be automatically terminated by the SEVIS system.
Failure to complete the immigration reporting process will result in the termination of your F-1 or J-1 status and ability to legally pursue your degree in the U.S.
Immigration Reporting with ISSS is a 2-Step Process:
- As soon as you arrive in the US (not before) complete this Immigration Reporting Form in DocuSign and attach the required documentation. Instructions for completing the Immigration Reporting Form in Docusign. Please do not start the Immigration Reporting Form until you have arrived in the United States. You will not have the available documents/information needed to complete the Immigration Reporting Form.
- Attend an in-person ISSS Immigration Reporting Session that provides important information about maintaining your immigration status. Exchange students will do this on January 11, 2018 at 10:00 am in the Center for Community, Room S350.
Individuals studying in a visa status other than J-1 must still complete the Immigration Reporting Form and attach the required documents.
To complete the Immigration Reporting Form, all International Students must:
- Access the Immigration Reporting Form
- Complete the Student Information section
- Enter your local Colorado address and contact information
- Upload a copy of your I-94 Arrival Record
- Sign the Immigration Reporting Attestation section
All J-1 International Students must also:
- Sign the International Student Responsibilities Contract section of the form
All J-1 students must also:
- Complete the J Insurance Compliance section of the form
All Exchange Students must also:
- Complete the Exchange Student Release of Information section