While on OPT, SEVIS reporting is required in order to maintain your F-1 status. This ISSS workshop is meant to help students authorized for OPT better understand their OPT reporting responsibilities.
In this workshop, we will review the following topics:
- SEVIS OPT reporting requirements and why compliance is important
- How to comply with the SEVIS OPT reporting requirements
- Types of employment that are allowed while authorized for OPT
- International travel while authorized for OPT
- The OPT STEM extension, cap-gap, and how OPT intersects with the H-1B process
At the end of the workshop, we will also allow time for students to ask any questions.
Workshops will be offered:
- April 20, 3:30 at 3:30 p.m.
- May 13, 3:30 at 3:30 p.m.