The Center for Student Involvement will guide your group through the spending process. We will help you spend your funds on appropriate expenses throughout the fiscal year. What your student group purchases and the method your student group uses will depend on the type of group you are and what kind of funding you are spending.
Rule of Thumb: SEE The Center for Student Involvement FIRST!
- Some purchases cannot be reimbursed. Make sure you talk to us before you purchase anything to make sure it is an appropriate use of your student group funding.
- Services can never be reimbursed.
- Purchases over $5000 MUST go through us first. Purchasing paperwork must be completed by the Center for Student Involvement before initiating any purchase over $5000! Failure to follow this rule could result in your group being held liable for the enire cost of the purchase.
The Ways to Spend
There are various ways to spend funds through your student group account(s).
- Reimbursements: You can be reimbursed through our office. Learn more about how to get a Reimbursement.
- Tax Exempt: When you spend, your organization is not eligible for tax-exempt status.
- Inter-departmental Invoices (INs): Groups can use the IN to spend money on campus, regardless of their student organization affiliation.
- Purchasing alcohol: Depends on student group affiliation.
- Purchases Over $5,000: Must go through the Center for Student Involvement first. Purchasing paperwork must be completed by us and CU before initiating any purchase over $5000! Failure to follow this rule could result in your group being held liable for the enire cost of the purchase. Allow up to 6 weeks for this process.
Be Involved Be Creative Be Boulder