STEPS AND PROTOCOL:
There are three types of funding from various sources on campus that require different steps and protocol. Learn more about how to spend these funds in the Purchasing/Spending section.
Your goal when obtaining funding from any on-campus source is a break-even budget. Your expenses should match your revenue. We return surplus dollars to funding sources in proportion to the revenue budget once all expenses have cleared the designated account.
The SOAC will fund operating expenses for RSO and RSGOs.
- SOAC has specific deadlines and rules, so learn more about SOAC bylaws to make sure you get your applications in on time.
- For more information, please visit CSI. If neccessary, contact the SOAC Chair via email SOAC@colorado.edu or visit UMC Room 125.
RSO and RSGOs can apply for event funding. Student fee sources as well as non-student fee sources will fund your student group for event expenses. Once your group receives funding, we will set up a separate account for you to spend from.
- Submit a funding request in BuffConnect.
- Plan ahead of time! Successful events can take anywhere from 2-6 months to plan.
Be as detailed as possible on your proposal. Do not just guess, do the research! This will help to speed up the process.
- The funding process can take 2-4 weeks. Each funding source has their own cycle so be sure to plan in advance to make sure you have enough time.
RSO and RSGOs can apply for travel funding. Student fee sources as well as non-student fee sources will fund your student organization for travel expenses. Once your organization receives funding, we will set up a separate account for you to spend from.
- Fill out the Travel Funding Request Form. Learn more about travel details, and important deadlines to keep in mind.
- Plan ahead of time!
- Your main contact for travel is our Center for Student Involvement Liasion team.
- Designate one traveler as the contact person or leader of the traveling organization. This person will be in charge of filling out the required travel budget.
- Keep in mind the maximum amount of student fees for travel is $3,000 per student organization per academic calendar year.
- No international travel will be funded by student fees. Mexico, Canada and all US territories are okay.
- Submit your proposal in BuffConnect.
Be Involved Be Creative Be Boulder