Join us for our spring series of Infrastructure and Sustainability diversity, equity and inclusion sessions with Professor Donna Mejia:
May 20th 1:00-3:00 Personality/Cultural Differences: When an interaction does not achieve best outcomes and it seems repair is needed, where do we begin? This conversation with Donna Mejia aims to explore how our social and cultural identities interface with our individual temperament. This slippery slope of a topic requires large doses of humor and a sense of adventure. Please bring your questions and curiosities for a rich exchange.
Join the May 20 session via Zoom
This Zoom button will be live shortly before the session begins.
June 17th 1:00-3:00 Networks of Care/Celebration of Us: How beautiful are we?! Come enjoy this interactive visit with Donna Mejia to share three beautiful cultural artifacts from your own life: your 3 favorite songs, your favorite comfort food, and a tribute to someone who made a difference in your life. After a brief introduction by Donna, she will publish links for us to begin sharing together. Please consider yourself warmly invited to a celebration of us, and refill your well of inspiration to do the good work of our lives.
If you have questions about the series, please contact Kelsey Draper at 303-735-6176.
In Spring 2021 the Office of Infrastructure and Sustainability hosted a series of sessions with Professor Donna Mejia. Recordings of the sessions can be accessed below:
- April 8th 1:00-3:00 Difficult/Painful Conversations: This fireside chat with Donna Mejia explores the art of disagreement. How do we disagree with supervisors, peers and all colleagues? We’ll be looking at tools from the field of diplomacy, mediation, and surprisingly…animal companion training! As usual, please bring your sense of humor and adventure for a lively conversation.
Watch the April 8 recording (requires login to Office 365 to view)
- March 11th 1:00-3:00 Negotiating Gender Constructs: Let’s tackle our blind spots caused by gender norms, expectations and social indoctrinations. Our discussion will explore important updates from the field of gender studies, and explore how gender complicates and compounds our power-differentials in the workplace and in life. Please bring your sense of humor and adventure for a lively conversation!
Watch the March 11 recording (requires login to Office 365 to view)
In Fall 2020 the Office of Infrastructure and Sustainability hosted a series of sessions -- “In Conversation About Our Blind Spots, Cultural Collisions and Racism” – as we continue to engage on the topics of diversity, inclusion and combatting racism. Recordings of the sessions can be accessed below.
- Session 1: Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020 1:30 – 3 p.m. Understanding Our Inherited Legacy of Colonialism, Genocide, Racism and Exploitation
Watch the session 1 recording (requires login to Office 365 to view)
- Session 2: Thursday, Oct. 8, 2020 1:30 – 3 p.m. Combating Racism at Personal and Interpersonal Levels
Watch the session 2 recording (requires login to Office 365 to view)
- Session 3: Thursday, Oct. 22, 2020 1:30 – 3 p.m. Combating Racism at Communal, Structural and Systemic Levels
Watch the session 3 recording (requires login to Office 365 to view)
- Resources Prepared by Donna Mejia
Donna Mejia Resources PDF (requires login to Office 365 to view)