Fall 2021: Gabe Aponte, Advisor for International Affairs, will be working both on-campus and remotely. Using the advising portal, you are able to book in-person and/or Zoom (web conference) appointments with Gabe to best meet your advising needs. On campus in-person meetings with Gabe are in CLUB 215 (2nd floor of the University Club building on campus).
- Instructions on how to download and operate Zoom can be found here: https://oit.colorado.edu/tutorial/zoom-download-and-setup
- If you are unaware of how to use the Zoom tool, please check out the resources listed through OIT.
- If you are still having trouble downloading and setting up your Zoom account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and they should be able to help answer your questions.
- Zoom works best when operated on a computer, but there is mobile functionality.
- For university meetings, we request that students use a computer to maximize the utility of the application.
he, him, his
Gabe Aponte joined the Academic Advising Center in the summer of 2014 and is one of the academic advisors for the International Affairs Department. Gabe earned an undergraduate degree in Business in his home state of Wisconsin, and briefly had a career working for PepsiCo running a quality control laboratory outside of Cleveland Ohio.
After a few years of exploring the chemical composition of Mountain Dew, Gabe decided he wanted to get back into education and moved to Denver where he earned his Master’s Degree in Higher Education: College Student Development from the University of Denver. After graduate school Gabe started working for CU Boulder in the Housing department before transitioning over to Advising.
Outside of work, Gabe hand paints pixel art (see his office at UClub 203), enjoys learning useless facts for trivia contests, playing complex board games, exploring Denver’s ever expanding food scene, and spending time in the mountains either hiking or snowboarding. He could talk all day about classic video games, food, movies and the merits of making people laugh, but his passion is getting to know students and helping them discover their path both academically and socially while at college.