There is currently no vaccine to protect against COVID-19. The most effective ways to protect yourself and others, include:
- Frequently washing your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching common surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, etc. as much as possible.
- Wearing a face covering over your nose and mouth when in public to contain your respiratory secretions (droplets from coughs and sneezes).
- Avoiding touching your face, eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Maintaining at least 6 feet of physical distance from others and limiting your exposure to other people.
- Stay home and isolate yourself from others if you may have been exposed to the virus.
- Avoid large gatherings of 10 or more people.