Staff member helping students in line at the UMC while wearing a mask behind a plexiglass barrier.

As staff, faculty and students start returning to campus, we want to make sure our community is equipped for a safe return. As part of this effort, Health and Wellness Services has established a hotline and email account to address common questions regarding testing, services and illness prevention related to the common cold, the flu and COVID-19. 

Faculty and staff support

• Email: Faculty and staff can send their questions to healthinfo@colorado.edu. Responses are usually provided within one business day. As a reminder, please do not send personal health information via email.

• Call: Faculty and staff can also call the hotline Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 303-492-5101 and select option 9.

Staff and faculty can call or email the hotline with questions like:

• How soon can I return to work after a possible exposure or positive COVID-19 test?
  • How do I know if I should get tested?
  • How can you be sure if you have the cold, flu or COVID-19?
  • What should I do if I might have been exposed on campus?
  • What should I do if I am not comfortable returning to on-campus work?

Hotline staff can provide recommendations for these types of questions as well as questions related to general symptoms, services, guidelines and more. Personal circumstances and work accommodations should be discussed with a supervisor. 

Student support

Students with healthcare questions related to COVID-19 may also use the hotline to be directed to a Medical Services provider. Students who wish to schedule an appointment with a provider should do so through their MyCUHealth portal.

Additional resources

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website provides additional information about health guidelines, national statistics, travel recommendations and more. 

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (DPHE) website has information specific to Colorado, including cases, guidelines, statewide orders and more. They also have resources to help identify local COVID-19 testing sites nearby.