Eligible students must be:
- Enrolled in a CU Boulder doctoral program and must have passed their comprehensive exam and be admitted to candidacy by the fall semester.
- Students must also be enrolled for spring 2020 and expect to graduate in May 2020 or later.
- The 3MT competition cannot accommodate Skype or video presentations, so all applicants must be available in November for the initial heats and on January 31, 2020 for the finale.
To register to compete, students must prepare an application package. A complete package includes:
- Contact information (name, email, home department, advisor name, etc.).
- Abstract of the research to be presented (maximum one page).
- One single static slide that visually represents the research (this is a draft that may be edited later).
- The abstract and slide should be combined into one pdf file to be uploaded within the application.