University of Colorado Boulder’s Graduate School is working to expand professional development opportunities for its graduate students, and leadership is one primary skill to develop.
Students receiving a Leadership Badge will be required to complete 3 of the 6 of the following:
- Create and run a community building event to bring graduate students together
- Participate in GPSG or your department's student government
- Participate as a mentor in the Graduate Peer Mentoring Program
- Serve as a Lead for the Center for Teaching and Learning
- Participate in the Center for Leadership's Coaching Program
- Participate in the student panel for new graduate student orientation. Submit one paragraph expressing your interest to Hailey.Herman@colorado.edu in either July (for fall orientation) or November (for spring orientation).
- Prepare a 1-2 page reflection on CU's shared governance model, including ways to better engage with graduate students to help get them involved.
- Attend a minimum of two Graduate School events per academic year (e.g., 3MT, graduate school workshops, etc.)
I've completed all of the requirements. Now what?
Fill out the application to get your badge.