The University of Colorado Boulder’s Communication Badge prepares learners to develop and communicate effective messages highlighting their work for a diverse set of professional fields and platforms. From posters to presentations, practiced job talks and publications, this badge focuses on skills students need to disseminate their knowledge in academic or industry settings.
Students receiving a Communication Badge will be required to do the following:
- Attend two communication workshops
- Prepare a 1-2 page written reflection on a communication theme from one of the workshops.
And choose one of the following:
- Participate in the 3 Minute Thesis competition.
- Present a poster or paper at a national conference.
- Create a peer-to-peer workshop that demonstrates your communication skills and enhances graduate student knowledge on a specific competency or skill. Contact Hailey.Herman@colorado.edu to coordinate your workshop.
I've completed all of the requirements. Now what?
Fill out the application to get your badge. The Graduate Program Manager will then reach out to you to confirm completion of and review the above requirements.