Whether you are interested in pursuing a career in academia or exploring the broad range of alternative professional options, CU Boulder's Career Services has resources tailored specifically to graduate student needs. They offer individual appointments, workshops and online resources that can help you identify your transferable skills, search for jobs, prepare your job application documents, and bring you face to face with potential employers. Some of the services that the Career Center at CU Boulder provides include:
- Individual career advising appointments
- Drop-in career advising (11-4, M-TH for quick questions and document checks)
- Access to online career resources (articles, guides, tools) created just for CU Boulder grad students
- Entrance to large-scale CU system career events
- Access to subscription-based career tools and technology
- Invited presentations on a variety of career topics for student groups or departments
- Professional development workshops and webinars
- Remote career advising over email, phone or skype
CU Boulder has an institutional membership with the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), which offers professional development, training and mentoring to graduate students and postdocs. Resources available include writing programs, guest expert webinars, multi-week courses, professional reminders, a dissertation success program, peer mentoring and more. With the university’s membership, most of the resources are free of charge.
Versatile PhD is an online resource designed to help members of the graduate community who are interested in exploring non-academic career options. All graduate students, postdocs and alumni have free access to premium resources provided through the CU Boulder's subscription to Versatile PhD.
This web site is a portal to resources to help graduate students and early career researchers navigate the next steps of their professional careers. Additionally, there are many resources for graduate students and post-docs available at CU Boulder. This is a one-stop portal to connect to these resources and learn about all that is going on.
ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral scholars in the humanities and social sciences.