The graduate program in Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology (MCDB) is designed to provide students with diverse opportunities for acquiring a strong foundation in molecular biology of RNA and DNA, molecular genetics, cell motility and cytoskeleton, cell membranes and developmental genetics and applying it toward the generation of new knowledge through research. Topics of current research include:
- RNA structure and functions
- Control of gene expression
- Control of the cell cycle
- Aassembly and function of the cytoskeleton and intracellular organelles
- Signal transduction
- Genetic control of development in Drosophila (flies), C. elegans (worms) and mice.