The Will of Dolores Zohrab Liebmann created a perpetual charitable trust designated as “The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund” for the purpose of funding advanced education and graduate study grants, which must be carried out entirely in the United States of America. The Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowships are to be awarded only to candidates who have outstanding undergraduate records, have demonstrated a need for financial assistance, are citizens of the United States of America, are enrolled in accredited colleges and universities in the United States and have received baccalaureate degrees.
- Fellowships are available to students who are currently enrolled in and pursuing a graduate degree at a designated institution of higher learning located in the United States of America.
- The program of study being pursued by the candidate may include any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors.
- The candidate must have received a baccalaureate degree at the time of application and have an outstanding undergraduate record.
- The candidate must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- The candidate may be of any national descent or background.
- The amount of each Fellowship will cover actual tuition costs plus an $18,000 annual stipend to be allocated towards room, board and ordinary living expenses, as well as any income taxes thereon.
- The recipient of a Fellowship shall be known as a Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellow.
- Fellowships are awarded annually. Each Fellow MUST APPLY FOR A RENEWAL of his or her fellowship by March 30 of the following year in accordance with the terms in effect at the time the fellowship is awarded. Fellowships will be limited to a maximum of three years.
- Awarded fellowships may not be deferred.
- A Fellowship may be canceled at any time if a Fellow engages in misconduct affecting the Fund, breaches any of these rules or provides false information to the Fund either directly or indirectly.
Students interested in applying for the fellowship should submit the following materials - printed as single-sided and secured with a binder clip:
- A completed and signed Application.
- A Statement of Purpose up to three pages long (double spaced) which considers the relationship between your graduate level study and your intended personal and/or professional goals. Your Statement of Purpose must include a 10-15 line abstract at the top (included in the three pages) that explains, in LAYMAN’S terms, the essence of your proposed topic of study or dissertation, the methodology of its treatment and its anticipated impact on your field of study.
- Letter of Recommendation from your Department Chair.
- Letters of Recommendation from at least two professors who have taught or worked closely with you.
- One copy of your personal vitae or résumé.
- Certified copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts to date.
- Official copies of graduate exam test scores (if applicable*).
- Financial Aid information from the University or other applicable source.
- Copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the prior two years (including spouse’s returns, if applicable*).
* If any of the documents above are not applicable, please include a statement in its place in the application packet that explains why the item is not applicable.
Applications must be turned in directly to the Graduate School either in person (RGNT 321, to Patty Stanfield) or via campus mail (send to UCB 26 c/o Patty Stanfield) by Monday, December 17, 2018. No electronic submissions will be accepted.
Note: Each candidate’s materials should be single-sided and secured with a binder clip. Please use no staples in your application packet. Use this application checklist to ensure you have all required items.
For further information on the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund, please visit the foundation site.