Immerse yourself in the Applied Shakespeare graduate certificate program! Begin with an online, fully interactive graduate introduction to the upcoming Colorado Shakespeare Festival plays and other major Shakespeare works. Then, join your fellow students for a two-week immersion on the beautiful Boulder campus during the renowned Colorado Shakespeare Festival. You’ll explore acting, directing, interpreting and teaching Shakespeare in a fully interdisciplinary, experiential context with your fellow learners.
- ENGL 5000: Shakespeare - 3 credit hours
- Two-Week Summer Intensive - 6 credit hours (Summer 2018 dates: June 11 through June 22, 2018)
- Within one month of the completion of the two-week intensive, students must submit a 15-20 page project that analyzes a single play from a literary, acting/directing, and teaching perspective or which proposes a teaching curriculum or other project suitable to the student's professional goals and the academic requirements of the program.
Download the Brochure
Admission and Application Requirements
Possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution.
Application consideration begins on Nov. 15, 2017.
Application deadline: December 1, 2017.
You must provide:
- Official Transcript (if electronic, send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Statement of Purpose - one page in length (this is your writing sample)
- Letter of Recommendation from an academic or professional reference.
- Complete the application form.
- Your application will be reviewed by the program advisor and you will be notified of the decision via email.
$700 per credit hour or $6300 for the entire nine credits. This price applies for both residential and non-residential students.