Open to: currently enrolled graduate students
Respond by: September 20, 2018
Job Title: Gateways/Data Portals Graduate Assistant (50%) University of Colorado Boulder, Center for Research Data and Digital Scholarship
Description: The Center for Research Data and Digital Scholarship (CRDDS) seeks a Graduate Assistant (GA) to help explore new science gateway and data portal services. CRDDS provides research data services as well as educational and community-building opportunities in research data and digital scholarship, including Digital Humanities. The GA will play a key role in exploring new service offerings in the area of science gateways and data portals.
The Gateways/Data Portals GA will explore the feasibility of gateway platforms to support digital project website. For this work, slaveryimages.org will be used as a case study. The position is also meant to offer the GA a learning opportunity in the area of science gateways and an opportunity to collaborate with staff from the NSF funded Science Gateway Institute.
This is a 50% Graduate Assistantship (20 hours per week), housed in the University Libraries and funded by the Graduate School for the 2018/2019 academic year. The position reports directly to the executive director of CRDDS, Thomas Hauser.
● Learn about gateway frameworks that support data portals.
● Gather requirements for slaveryimages.org as part of a gateway.
● Prototype an implementation of slaveryimages.org in a selected gateway framework.
Primary Contact: Thomas Hauser
Contact Information: email@example.com
Pay: Salary is based on regular AY 2018/2019 salary rates for a 50% GA (20 appointment hours per week) pro-rated based on start date as established by the Graduate School, plus tuition remission for 9+ credits per semester. The GA will be provided with a work space in Research Computing on the East Campus. This position is scheduled for the academic year, with time off during exam periods and campus holidays and breaks.
Expected Start/End Date: October 1, 2018
Please include: Using your CU credentials to access this form (https://goo.gl/forms/obi96h7pzTtbZDsu2), enter the requested information. When prompted, upload 1) a letter of interest addressing the required and relevant preferred qualifications, 2) a CV or résumé, and 3) names and contact information for three (3) references. For questions, contact Thomas Hauser.
● Currently enrolled in a graduate program at University of Colorado Boulder.
● Interested in learning about science gateways.
● Proficiency in Linux, including installation and management of complex software packages.
● Ability and desire to operate effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
● PhD student advanced to candidacy.
● Aptitude for interdisciplinary work.
● Experience with digital projects, web development, or software development.