Open to: Work-study Eligible Undergraduates
Job Title: Student Laboratory Technician
Description: The Institute of Arctic and Alpine Research’s Arikaree Environmental Lab is an environmental chemistry facility. Snow, water, plant tissue, gas, and soil samples from a diversity of ecosystems come through the lab for analysis of a range of elements.
We seek a motivated, detail-oriented student laboratory technician to join our staff. Principle duties include cleaning sample bottles and glassware, filtering samples, conducting analysis of pH, ANC, conductivity, ammonium, total carbon, and cations in a variety of matrices using standard operating procedures. A willingness to learn other methods, and conduct other sample processing activities is desired. This position is suitable for someone interested in graduate school or a career as a laboratory technician/manager. The work schedule is flexible as we are more than willing to work around class schedules.
- Must be work study eligible.
- Currently majoring in, or interested in natural sciences and chemistry.
- Flexibility to work 10-15 hours per week.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Willingness to conduct repetitive, tedious tasks.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Some laboratory experience.
- Experience running:
- Shimadzu GC-14A
- Microplate reader
- Perkin Elmer AA-200
- Preparing standards and chemical solutions
Primary Contact: Brent Bednarek
Contact Email: email@example.com
Expected Workload: 10-15 hours per week
Please submit: cover letter describing your relevant experience and reason for your interest in the position, a CV, and the names and contact information for three profession references.