This page presents links to a number of on-line reference sources. Many documents are in .pdf format and will require software to read. The free Adobe Reader can be obtained here.
The National Energy Board hosts volumes 1 and 2 of the Berger Report in both French and English here. In addition, the English report can be accessed through the copies on this site below.
Berger Inquiry Hearing Transcripts
Transcripts of the Berger Hearings are available and searchable here.
The Lysyk Report is also hosted by the NEB here. Again, a local mirror is provided below.
Current Pipeline Documents
- NEB referral to Panel Review.
- Pipeline assessment and review cooperation plan.
- Consolidated Information Requirements.
- Preliminary Information Package. Also available at www.mackenziegasproject.com
- Environmental Approval Guides: For Mackenzie Valley and native claim settlement areas.
- Memorandum of Understanding
- 25 Years After Berger
- Victors and Victims of the Berger Report
- Berger and Lysyk
- CBC Index 1: 21 Videos
- CBC Index 2: 7 Videos
Private Sector Sites
- Mackenzie Gas Project
- Aboriginal Pipeline Group
- Oil and Gas Development Guides: Sponsored by Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers, Petroleum Research Atlantic Canada
- Canadian Arctic Resources Committee
- Northern Gas Pipelines
- Deh Cho First Nations
- National Energy Board (NEB)
- Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board (MVEIRB)
- Sahtu Land and Water Board
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- Inuvialuit Land Administration
- Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board
- Gwich'in Land and Water Board
- Government of the Northwest Territories Resources, Wildlife and Economic Development (RWED)
- NWT Water Resources Division Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Northwest Territories: Resources, Wildlife, and Economic Development.
[i] Clark, T.W.. The Policy Process: A Practical Guide for Natural Resource Professionals. Yale University Press. 2002.
[ii] DiFrancesco, Richard. A diamond in the rough?: and examination of the issues surrounding the development of the Northwest Territories. The Canadian Geographer. 44, no.2. Summer 2000.
[iii] Fedkenheuer, A.W., Pettapiece, W.W., Burke, J.D., Leskiw, L.A.. Development of pipeline reclamation criteria for Alberta. Environmental Concerns in Right-of-Way Management: Seventh International Symposium. ed. Goodrigh-Mahoney, J.W., Mutrie, D.F., Guild, C.A.. 2002. p. 927.
[iv] Heffler, H.R.. Comparison of Canadian and US regulatory review processes. Environmental Concerns in Right-of-Way Management: Seventh International Symposium. ed. Goodrigh-Mahoney, J.W., Mutrie, D.F., Guild, C.A.. 2002. p. 833.