The Department of Geography at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor level in Human Geography. A Ph.D. in Geography or related field is required by the time of appointment. Applicants in related fields should demonstrate their knowledge of and engagement with Geography. Appointment begins August 2019.
Applicants should have a strong record of conducting field research and engagement with theoretical debates in Geography. Priority will be given to candidates whose research specialization includes North Africa, the Middle East, Central Asia or Southeast Asia. Topics of particular interest include the Muslim World, political Islam, energy, water and food, and conflict. This faculty member will rotate into large introductory human geography classes, as well as upper-division and graduate seminars in the areas of her/his specialization.
All requirements for the PhD must be completed by August 15, 2019. Applications are accepted electronically at CU Boulder Jobs.
Include the following information:
1. Cover Letter, which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
2. Current Curriculum Vitae.
3. Contact information for References, minimum of three individuals.These individuals may be contacted and asked to submit a letter of recommendation as part of your application materials. This information will be kept confidential and viewable only by the search committee.
4. Statement of Research Philosophy.
5. Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
6. Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness (course syllabi and course evaluations).
7. Three publications uploaded separately.
Review of applications will begin on October 22, 2018 and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information and informal inquiries, please contact the chair of the search committee, Jennifer Fluri (email@example.com).