With campus operations scaled down in most campus buildings due to COVID-19, the Distribution Center has modified operations for distribution of mail and packages, including UPS packages. We have made these changes due to campus efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing and remote work arrangements.
Our aim is to ensure that departments can access mail and packages in a timely, consistent and efficient manner while still achieving the goals of campus’s preventative measures that are in place.
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Updated Tuesday, June 23, 2020:
- All mail and packages, including UPS packages will be staged and sorted by UCB number at the Distribution Center, 3300 Walnut St., Unit B, with some exceptions noted below.
- Exceptions -- and deliveries -- will be made for critical research items that are time-sensitive or have a short shelf-life. Please call the Distribution Center at 303-492-6524 to discuss arrangements for such deliveries.
- The Distribution Center will be open for pickups Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. Entry to the parking lot is off of 33rd Street.
- We prefer that each department designate someone to pick up mail and packages for their entire department weekly.
- Please provide notice at least 30 minutes in advance of your arrival by scheduling a mail and package pick-up using the online form located here.
- For special circumstances, or if you have questions or concerns, please call our main number (303-492-6524) to provide your name, UCB Number, and the time you plan on picking up your items.
- When arriving at the Distribution Center, wait in your vehicle outside, call our main number and your mail and packages will be brought out to your vehicle.
- For outbound mail and packages, please drop off items at the Distribution Center, calling our main number in advance.
- As noted above, exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please call to discuss any special arrangements that need to be made.
- For packages, you can check on our tracking webpage to see whether the Distribution Center has received your packages.
- Fed-Ex, DHL and other packages are also now being delivered to the Distribution Center. Please call ahead as noted above for pickups.
Campus also has a robust FAQ section on its colorado.edu/coronavirus site for information on a variety of campus operations topics.