CUBE Advanced Reports
As of Fall of 2018, CUBE features 5 new reports on publication data for campus units.
These reports offer new ways to view the publication data in CUBE and improved ways to download and use the data.
All reports are available in any of these formats: PDF, CSV, Word or Excel. Reports can be limited to specific time period unless noted otherwise. See the links below for sample reports.
For questions about accessing these reports please email Matt Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on any of the links below to be taken to an blank example of each report. If you have questions about accessing the reports please email Matt Ramey at email@example.com.
- Publication Counts by Author
- This report lists publication counts in CUBE for each faculty member in a unit organized by publication type.
- This information is useful for quick numbers of your unit’s publications and can identify where curation is needed to improve the available information in CUBE.
- Books Published by Unit
- This report lists the books claimed in CUBE by CU Boulder faculty in a particular unit.
- Helpful to see that all books are accounted for in CUBE in a timely manner.
- Citations by Unit
- This report is based on Web of Science citation information and includes a chart of citation activity, the Top 20 faculty by average Web of Science citation count, and a list of the Most Cited Publications as calculated by Web of Science.
- This report is helpful to identify trends in publication and faculty accomplishment by person and by publication.
- Top 30 Journals
- This report lists the Top 30 Journals most frequently published in by your faculty.
- This report helps to identify where your faculty have publishing success and might also identify gaps to explore future opportunities.
- CU Boulder Co-Authors
- This report displays, for each faculty member in a unit, the co-author relationships found in CUBE. This report shows co-authors at CU Boulder only and identifies collaboration across departments and disciplines. This report is calculated over all publications in CUBE and cannot be limited by time.
- This report helps to see collaborations within your unit as well as with other units on campus.
Note: Navigation to these new reports in CUBE differs from the current reporting process, please see this help document:
For information on the original set of reports accessed through the Reporting menu, see the links below:
New for Summer 2019, CUBE now offers deduplicated publication reports in CSV format.
Use the "Publications" report under "Data Extract" to download a list of deduplicated publications for individuals or users.
See the above document for more information.
- For use by unit administrators or support staff with appropriate permissions in Elements
- Recommended uses:
- To download spreadsheets
- To see counts of pending publications by faculty in a department
- To see all details of the publications for your faculty
- Certain reports may be too large for the system to properly run, and will cause an error message
- If you receive an error message please contact Pubsdata@colorado.edu
- Recommended uses:
- Used by:
- Unit Administrators and support staff
- To compare individuals or units over time
- Average publications per year.
- Used by:
- Unit Administrators or support staff
- Shows metrics such as:
- Total publications each year for the unit
- Average publication rate per faculty member
- Citation rate for the unit
- Journals your faculty publish in most often
- Top producing authors
- Top cited publications