Are you wondering how to hold others accountable for achieving results while also improving relationships?
This training teaches a straightforward, step-by-step process for identifying and resolving performance gaps, strengthening accountability, eliminating inconsistency, and reducing resentment. It uses video, group discussions, skill practice, and real-life application to make the course both entertaining and engaging.
What Does Crucial Accountability® Training Teach?
Crucial Accountability provides a methodology for effectively holding others accountable that’s based on more than twenty-five years of research.
- Hold anyone accountable—no matter the person’s power, position, or temperament.
- Master performance discussions—get positive results and maintain good relationships.
- Motivate others without using power—clearly and concisely explain specific, natural consequences, and permanently resolve problems.
- Manage projects without taking over—creatively help others avoid excuses, keep projects on track, and resolve performance barriers.
- Move to action—agree on a plan, follow up, engage in good reporting practices, and manage new expectations.
Who Needs Crucial Accountability Training?
Anyone who relies on the efforts of others to get things done will benefit from attending Crucial Accountability.
Who should participate?
Sessions offered through Faculty Relations are designed specifically for those who work on the academic side of the university—such as academic and research faculty, academic administrators, staff working in academic units, post-docs, graduate students.
When is it offered?
Typically held three times per year, or pick your own date for groups of 18-24 participants.
What does it cost?
$260 per participant, includes:
- Crucial Accountability Participant Toolkit
- Cue cards for each lesson in a desktop display case
- Crucial Accountability model card
- A copy of the New York Times bestselling book Crucial Accountability: Tools for Resolving Violated Expectations, Broken Commitments, and Bad Behavior (2nd Edition)
- Crucial Conversations Audio Companion MP3 download
- A course completion certificate
The cost of the course, taken outside of CU, is $1,595. However, since we have certified trainers, you pay only for the cost of the training materials, $260, using a campus speedtype.
This is a live, instructor-led, online workshop. It is will be held via zoom. For questions, please contact Suzanne Soled, Director of Faculty Development and Support.
What’s the next step?
For the next training offered through Human Resources, see registration information here.
To arrange a custom training for a group of 12-24, contact Faculty Development and Support.