On this page we have provided information and compiled questions we often get from coordinators. Please be sure to coordinate with your instructors to avoid duplicating efforts. If you are unable to find the answer within this page, please let us know by visiting and submitting a form on our contact us page.
Ensure you are accessing the correct portal based on your user group*
Students: Use the Course Evaluation portal, https://colorado.campuslabs.com/courseeval
Instructors: Use the Faculty portal, https://colorado.campuslabs.com/faculty
Administrators: Use the Administration portal, https://colorado.campuslabs.com/ce
*If you belong to multiple user groups (e.g. a graduate student who also teaches, an administrator who is attending a class), you will need to use multiple portals. You will not be able to access all your courses in one location.
If you experience performance issues with the Campus Labs platform, such as slow loading times or site outages, contact Campus Labs Support:
Online: https://courseevaluationsupport.campuslabs.com/hc/en-us, and click on green “Contact Us” button in the upper-right corner
Phone: 716-270-0000 (available from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. MT, Monday through Friday)
Department FCQ Coordinator responsibilities
A department FCQ coordinator serves as a liaison between department and FCQ program. They should understand and be familiar with the FCQ program's calendar, policies, processes, reports and resources (e.g., FCQ results requester). Each department should have at least one FCQ coordinator, with larger departments typically having multiple FCQ coordinators. One that serves as the primary FCQ coordinator and the others as assistants or back-ups. For the departments with more than one coordinator, only one will have direct access to FCQ reports.
Please contact the FCQ program if you are a new FCQ coordinator so we can set you up in our system and provide you with some basic FCQ information. We need to know:
- Your name, campus and department
- Your work email address and phone number
- If you are a replacement, additional or temporary department FCQ coordinator
- Whether or not you are the department’s primary FCQ coordinator
- Review classes and instructors in course auditing list provided by FCQ program using CU-SIS data. Classes and instructors will be pulled directly from CU-SIS.
- Contact FCQ program to arrange for early administration (unavailable fall 2017 only)
- Distribute online FCQ results per department policy after end of term
- Answer miscellaneous questions about FCQs from department administrators, staff, instructors and students, or direct them to the FCQ program for assistance
- Work with the FCQ program to resolve department FCQ-related problems
Department FCQ requests
There is no more course list editing system. Instead, FCQ coordinators can review classes and instructors using the course list auditing system provided by the FCQ program. Department staff will make updates directly in CU-SIS. Classes and instructors will be pulled directly from CU-SIS.
In addition to the standard administration procedures, special administrations must contact FCQ program to arrange for early administration (unavailable fall 2017 only).
- FCQs for combined sections are set up under the sponsoring section only, and all students enrolled, regardless of which section they are enrolled in.
- If you have any questions about how to handle this, please email or call the FCQ program
Beginning fall 2017, optional questions are now referred to as custom questions.
During fall 2017, the FCQ will use a new all-online platform, including custom questions. Previously the FCQ program used a bank of custom questions that grew through time to almost unmanageable proportions. In hopes of making the new system easier to use, the FCQ program is rebuilding the question bank from scratch.
Previous questions will not carry over automatically to the new system, and must be requested by department chairs or equivalent. Please submit questions to email@example.com.
Department FCQ administration and collection
- Fall and spring terms: FCQs are administered from the Monday of week 14 through Monday of week 15. Check the FCQ calendar for the current spring or fall term’s administration dates.
- Summer classes: Administrations run weekly throughout the summer.
The FCQ program only reports results from data that are collected through the Campus Labs platform. While there are multiple reasons for this policy, the primary reason is the ability to ensure the quality of data that are collected by the FCQ program. Subsequently, data collected independently by a department using its own methods (e.g., Qualtrics, Blackboard, MailChimp, paper form or any other survey tool) will not be reported by the FCQ program.
The results for the FCQ are meant to be used for the following:
- Individual instructors for use in improving their courses and teaching
- Department chairs and deans for use in course assignments and in promotion, salary and tenure decisions
- Students for use in course selection.
The FCQ program should be only one component of a well-rounded instructor rating system.
There is no longer a paper option, and any paper FCQs sent to the FCQ office will be returned unopened and unprocessed. If you use paper evaluations, it will be for internal use and course/instructor improvement, but the results will not be part of the official FCQ report or appear on the website.
No. Only classes in CU-SIS will receive evaluations. You will need to enter a class into CU-SIS in order for it to receive FCQs.
Yes. The combined minimum enrollment is three. For example, if courses 4010 and 5010 make up a combined course, and there are two students enrolled in 4010 and one in 5010, then they will receive FCQs.\
The minimum combined course enrollment to receive FCQs is three students. The reasons are twofold:
1. To protect student anonymity (fewer students increases the likelihood of identification based on student comments)
2. Protect data integrity (if students fear they are identifiable, they may be less critical of an instructor, which compromises data comparisons).
The FCQ program has created a Qualtrics version of the FCQ, which can be administered online. These will not be posted with FCQ results, but can be used for evaluation and portfolio purposes. You may also design and use an instrument of your choosing and administer through paper, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, the LMS, or some other method.
If your department/campus doesn’t have a Qualtrics license, we recommend using Survey Monkey, your campus LMS, or paper for internal evaluations.