Welcome to the CU Boulder faculty community, where our faculty are dedicated to a core mission of teaching, research, creative works, and leadership in the servce of the public good. Our faculty teach and learn with over 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students on our beautiful campus. I am the faculty member who leads the Office of Faculty Affairs, the office on campus that strives to support faculty through their careers, from hiring to retiring.
Becoming a faculty member at CU Boulder doesn't just mean you are going to teach at the foothills of the Flatirons --it means you are joining a community of scholars, artists, scientists who are educating the next generation of citizens and leaders, and pursuing cutting-edge discovery and knowledge to inform and improve our democratic society.
We are delighted you have chosen to join our diverse and vibrant faculty community here at CU Boulder, and we look forward to working and growing together. Faculty Affairs is here to help faculty envision, develop, and sustain successful careers at CU Boulder, and to provide faculty with opportunities to engage with the campus community and create a sense of belonging to and ownership of the university.
Vice Provost and Associate Vice Chancellor for Faculty Affairs
Professor of Education
Join us for New Faculty Orientation 2021, held virtually via Zoom. The orientation event will be accompanied with online orientation materials available on Canvas (CU Boulder's learning management system) for new faculty to explore at your own pace/time. More information about the orientation event are as follows:
- Monday, August 16, 2021
- 9:00AM - 3:45PM (Mountain Time)
- Event Agenda
- RSVP to receive the orientation Zoom link and to access the resources for new faculty on Canvas!
In addition to New Faculty Orientation, we welcome all orientation attendees to the Thriving at CU series, a workshop series for tenure- and instructor-track faculty who are in their first three years at CU Boulder. These Thriving session will continue throughout the fall and spring semesters. We will have more information coming soon, but in the meantime, don't forget to save the dates below:
- Thriving in the First Year: What I Wish I Had Known
Sept 22nd, Weds at 8:30 - 9:30AM (Tenure-Track Faculty)
Sept 23rd, Thurs at 12:00 - 1:00PM (Instructors)
- Thriving in the Community: Identities on Campus
Oct 20th, Weds at 8:30 - 9:30AM
- Thriving in Public Scholarship
Nov 10th, Weds at 8:30 - 9:30AM
- Thriving in Research and Creative Work
Dec 2nd, Thurs at 12:00 - 1:00PM
- CU Boulder Fall 2021 Plans: The campus framework for teturning to a traditional in-person experience at CU Boulder
- Resources for Remote and Online Teaching from the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). CTL supports CU's community of educators through teaching consultations, seminars, reading groups, and addtiional services
- Academic Technology Resources from the Office of Information Technology (OIT)
- The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement (ODECE) works to achieve CU Boulder's commitment to inclusive excellence and uphold it as a priority across the campus
- The Boulder Faculty Assembly (BFA) is the representative body of the faculty in shared governance of the CU Boulder campus