Welcome to the CU Boulder faculty community, where our faculty are dedicated to a core mission of teaching, research, creative works, and leadership in the service of the public good. Our faculty teach and learn with over 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students on our beautiful campus. I am the faculty member who leads the Office of Faculty Affairs, the office on campus that strives to support faculty throughout their careers, from hiring to retiring.
Becoming a faculty member at CU Boulder doesn’t just mean you are going to teach at the foothills of the Flatirons - it means you are joining a community of scholars, artists, and scientists who are educating the next generation of citizens and leaders, and pursuing cutting-edge discovery and knowledge to inform and improve our democratic society.
We are delighted you have chosen to join our diverse and vibrant faculty community here at CU Boulder, and we look forward to working and growing together. Faculty Affairs is here to help faculty envision, develop, and sustain successful careers at CU Boulder, and to provide faculty with opportunities to engage with the campus community and create a sense of belonging to and ownership of the university. It is our pleasure to provide you with information about the New Faculty Orientation on August 17, 2020, 9:00am – 3:30pm. Below you will find the relevant details and what you need to prepare for the orientation.
Vice Provost and Associate Vice Chancellor for Faculty Affairs
Professor of Education
Join us for this mandatory orientation for all new full-time tenure-track, instructor and senior instructor appointments. As a new University of Colorado Boulder faculty member, you are joining a community of scholars and artists aiming to enhance the public good through their teaching, research, and service. The orientation will provide important information, assistance, and advice to get you started at CU Boulder.
- Date/Time: August 17, 2020 (Monday), 9:00AM-3:30PM (MST)
- Registration Form: Register for our virtual New Faculty Orientation event
- Click here for a complete list/schedule of events!
- Coming Soon: New Faculty Orientation Canvas Course: Your hub for all the information you need to get started at CU Boulder!
- Don't forget to check in with your department/college/school for other orientation activities and events!
- Human Resources offers a separate, virtual tutorial session to help New Faculty Orientation attendees navigate the setup process as a new employee at CU Boulder. 3 optional sessions available, click to register for one of these sessions:
- Roadmap to Fall 2020: A framework for a COVID-19-ready campus experience, academic instruction and resource alignment
- Resources for Remote & Online Teaching from the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). CTL supports CU’s community of educators through teaching consultations, seminars, reading groups, and additional services
- Academic Technology Resources from the Office of Information Technology
- The Office of Diversity, Equity, and Community Engagement (ODECE) works to achieve the University's commitment to inclusive excellence and uphold it as a priority across the campus.
- The Boulder Faculty Assembly (BFA) is the representative body of the faculty in the shared governance of the CU Boulder campus