For a complete list of journal publications, refer to my OrcID profile.
Conference/Workshop Papers (peer-reviewed, and non-peer-reviewed)
- Regueiro, R.A., Zhang, B., Shahabi, F. (2014) Micromorphic continuum stress measures calculated from three-dimensional ellipsoidal discrete element simulations on granular media. Geomech. Micro Macro - Proc. TC ISSMGE Int. Symp. Geomech. Micro Macro, IS-Cambridge, p195-200.
- Kim, J., Park, S.-W., Regueiro, R.A. (2014) Implementation of coupled finite element analysis for partially saturated soil slope stability. Unsaturated Soils: Res. Appl. - Proc. Int. Conf. Unsaturated Soils, UNSAT2014.
- Wang, W., Regueiro, R.A., McCartney, J.S. (2014) Coupled Thermo-Poro-Mechanical Finite Element Analysis of an Energy Foundation Centrifuge Experiment in Partially Saturated Silt, pg 2675-2684, GeoCongress 2014, Atlanta, GA, Feb 2014.
- Regueiro, R.A., Pak R., Sture, S., Vasilyev, O., McCartney, J., Yan, B., Duan, Z., Kasimov, N., Hansen, C., Svoboda, J., Mun, W.-J., Brown-Dymkoski, E., Li, S., Ren, B., Alshibli, K., Druckrey, A., Lu, H., Luo, H., Brannon, R., Bonifasi-Lista, C., Yarahmadi, A., Ghodrati, E., Colovos, J. (2013) ONR MURI Project on Soil Blast Modeling and Simulation, pg 341-353, B. Song et al. (eds.), Dynamic Behavior of Materials, Volume 1: Proceedings of the 2013 Annual Conference on Experimental and Applied Mechanics, Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series.
- Regueiro, R., Sweetser, J., Jensen, E., and Wang, W. (2013) Poromechanical cohesive surface element with elastoplasticity for modeling cracks and interfaces in saturated geomaterials. Poromechanics V: pp. 891-898.
- Regueiro, R. (2013) Dynamic finite strain biphasic poromechanics of a `thin' poroelastic layer. Poromechanics V: pp. 2184-2192.
- Wang, W., Regueiro, R.A., Stewart, M., McCartney, J.S. (2012) Coupled Thermo-Poro-Mechanical Finite Element Analysis of an Energy Foundation Centrifuge Experiment in Saturated Silt, pg 4406-4415, GeoCongress 2012, Oakland, CA, March, 2012.
- Regueiro, R.A., Bammann, D.J., Marin, E.B., Johnson, G.C. (2011) Finite deformation elastoplasticity for rate and temperature dependent polycrystalline metals. ASME Int. Mech. Eng. Congr. Expo., IMECE. 8:111-123.
- Regueiro, R.A., Yan, B. (2011) Coupling discrete elements and micropolar continuum through an overlapping region, Geo-Frontiers, Dallas, TX, March, 2011.
- Regueiro, R.A., Yan, B. (2011) Concurrent multiscale computational modeling for dense dry granular materials interfacing deformable solid bodies, pg 251-273. Bifurcations, Instabilities and Degradations in Geomaterials, Eds. R. Wan, M. Alsaleh, J. Labuz, Springer Series in Geomechanics and Geoengineering, Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
- Regueiro, R.A., Yu, S.-Y. (2010) Comparison between elasto-plastic and rigid-plastic cohesive surface elements and embedded strong discontinuity finite element implementation of rock fracture, 44th US Rock Mechanics Symposium and 5th U.S.-Canada Rock Mechanics Symposium, Salt Lake City, UT, June 27-30, 2010.
- Regueiro, R.A. (2009) Dynamic strain localization in a simple saturated geomaterial at finite strain. Poro-Mechanics IV, DEStech Pub, Inc., 1115-1120.
- Regueiro, R.A. (2007) Coupling particle and continuum regions of particulate materials. 2007 ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Seattle, WA. IMECE2007-42717.
- Regueiro, R.A. (2006) Embedded discontinuity finite element modeling of three-dimensional strong discontinuities in rocks. Golden Rocks 2006, Golden, CO. ARMA/USRMS 06-1069.
- Manzari, M.T., and Regueiro, R.A. (2004) Gradient plasticity modeling of geomaterials in a meshfree environment, Proceedings of the 16th ASCE Engineering Mechanics Conference, University of Delaware.
- Regueiro, R.A., Foster, C.D., Fossum, A.F., Borja, R.I. (2004) Bifurcation analysis of a three-invariant, isotropic/kinematic hardening cap plasticity model for geomaterials. Gulf Rocks 2004, Houston, TX. ARMA/NARMS 04-520.
- Regueiro, R.A. (2002) A finite deformation coupled isotropic damage anisotropic plasticity model and its numerical implementation in explicit finite element and finite difference codes, Plasticity, Damage, and Fracture at Macro, Micro, and Nano Scales, A.S. Kahn and O. Lopez-Pamies, eds., NEAT Press, 741-743.
- Regueiro, R.A., Foster, C.D., Borja, R.I. (2002) Three dimensional modeling of slip surfaces in geomaterials, Proceedings of the 15th ASCE Engineering Mechanics Conference, Columbia University, New York, NY, CD-ROM.
- Regueiro, R.A., and Horstemeyer, M.F. (2000) CTH analysis of Tantalum EFP formation using the BCJ model, Advances in Computational Engineering & Sciences, S.N. Atluri and F.W. Brust, eds., Tech Science Press, 384-389.
- Regueiro, R.A., Lai, T.Y., and Borja, R.I. (1998) Computational modeling of strain localization in soft rock, The Geotechnics of Hard Soils - Soft Rocks, Evangelista and Picarelli, eds., Balkema, 789-797.
- Regueiro, R.A., and Borja, R.I. (1997) Continuum finite element analysis of strain localization in slopes, Numerical Models in Geomechanics (NUMOG VI), G.N. Pande and S. Pietruszczak, eds., A.A. Balkema, 213-219.
- Regueiro, R.A. (2013) Computational overlap coupling between micropolar linear elastic continuum finite elements and nonlinear elastic spherical discrete elements in one dimension, Army Research Laboratory, ARL-CR-0710, January 2013, 58 pgs.
- Regueiro, R.A. (2010) Nonlinear micromorphic continuum mechanics and finite strain elastoplasticity, Army Research Laboratory, ARL-CR-0659, November 2010
- Regueiro, R.A., Fossum, A.F., Jensen, R.P., Foster, C.D., Manzari, M.T., and Borja, R.I. (2005) Computational modeling of fracture and fragmentation in geomaterials, SAND2005-5940, Sandia National Laboratories.
- Regueiro, R.A. (1998) Finite Element Analysis of Strain Localization in Geomaterials taking a Strong Discontinuity Approach, Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University, advisor: Prof. R.I. Borja.