You must be currently enrolled in Critical Media Practices' media production (CMDP) courses to have access to our Checkout facility and computer labs.
Each course has different gear requirements and therefore has access to different items in Checkout. Check with your professor if you have questions on what cameras are available to your class.
There is an exception for students not enrolled in CMDP classes but are enrolled in the College of Media, Communication and Information and require a camera to complete CMCI course work. Email ENVD Checkout for more details.
Fall 2021 Procedures
- All transactions are by reservation only. You may reserve gear online using the Patron Portal site.
- To create new reservations, log into the Patron Portal using your Identikey and password. If you have issues logging in, please email ENVD Checkout or call 303-735-5966 during our business hours.
- A minimum of 24 hours is required before scheduling your reservation’s pick-up time at the ENVD Checkout. The required approval time is to allow amply time to clean and prepare your equipment.
- Your reservation times may be adjusted slightly to increase social distancing, and the contents of your reservation may be adjusted by Checkout staff when appropriate. No reservation is final until approved, and you will receive a confirmation email when your reservation is approved.
- You must arrive at Checkout at your scheduled pick up time. If you miss your pick up time, you will be bumped to the end of the queue until the next available opening. If you are more than an hour late, your reservation will be automatically cancelled and you will need to create a new reservation. Furthermore, there may be suspension penalties for missing reservations, as this prevents other students from using the equipment.
- The max checkout period is six days.
- Renewing equipment - To support social distancing, renewals may be requested by emailing ENVD Checkout.
- Renewals may not be requested beyond the max six day checkout period.
- Renewals are not guaranteed, so do not try to renewal close to your scheduled return time. Your items may be reserved for other students and you will incur fines and penalties if you are unable to return on time.
- Renewals may not be requested if the items are already late.
- Renewal requests left via voicemail at 303-735-5966 will not be honored.
- You will be assessed late fees and penalties for failing to return items on time.
Guidelines and Procedures
All gear is reserved for University course work first. You may not use the equipment to make money or for an internship. Internships must provide you with production equipment if they are truly a production-qualifying internship.
You must have a current registration form on file before proceeding. If you do not, you must complete the Checkout Agreement Policy Form.
Allow time to inspect the equipment when checking out and returning items properly. Returns are not completed until all items are inspected and verified.
Notify Checkout personnel and equipment room manager promptly of any damaged items. You are responsible for all damages, so inspect items thoroughly before signing the form and leaving Checkout. You will be held accountable for any damaged equipment you may find after you leave the building, even if you didn't cause the damage. By signing and leaving, you take responsibility.
Equipment privileges could be suspended if there is a history of late fines in one semester or if there is evidence of neglect/misuse of the equipment. The suspension can range from two weeks to a full semester periods depending on the situation.
There are penalties and fees associated with the rules. Deviating from them will result in fines.
Primarily serves Critical Media Practices (Media Production) students
Location: Second floor, room 201-O
Phone: (303) 735-5966
- Open Monday to Friday
- 9 a.m. to noon for returning items
- 1 to 4 p.m. for new checkouts
- Appointment by reservation only: Online, via Patron Portal (log in with your identikey)