Department: Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering
Education: B.A. College of St. Catherine (1972), M.A. University of Chicago (1975), Ph.D. and M.S. University of Colorado (1986, 1989)
Teaching: CVEN 5919 Sustainable Community Development I, CVEN 5929 Sustainable Community Development II, CVEN 5939 Field Practicum, CVEN 5969 Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), SSIR 1010 Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
Research: Sustainable Community Development; WASH in International Development; Sustainable WASH Service Delivery
Office: SEEC N285D
Honors and Distinctions:
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: Overseas Fellowship, 1993
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: Science, Engineering & Diplomacy Fellowship, 1990-1992
- Water Pollution Control Federation First Place, International Graduate Student Paper Award, 1989
- Baracho, R.O., and Klees, R. “Municipal Sanitation Plans in Brazil: Analysis of Plans and Recommendations to Improve Planning Sanitation in Brazil.” 2017 XVI World Water Congress, Cancun, Mexico, May 2017.
- Linden, K., Javernick-Will, A., Amadei, B., Klees, K,. and Sandekian, R. "Engineering in Developing Communities: Curriculum Development around Graduate Certificate and Professional MS Programs." 2016 Engineering Education for Sustainable Development Conference, Bruges, Belgium, September 2016.