Summary: This position is in Region 8 (About Region 8). If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement. The salary will be based on the grade level for which you are selected. One or more positions may be filled.
Perform duties related to environmental engineering, physical science, or life science to support environmental protection work in a program area (air, water, waste, etc); a functional area (enforcement, compliance, permitting, etc); or a cross-media effort (environmental justice, etc).
- Determine the adequacy and accuracy of data and processes, proper preservation and collection of samples and specimens, and provide technical assistance where applicable.
- Provide assistance to other engineers and scientists within the immediate organization by researching technical aspects of environmental laws and regulations.
- Analyze data and prepare reports regarding state, local, or tribal implementation of environmental protection programs.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.
Travel Required: Occasional travel - You may be required to travel less than 25% of each month.
How to Apply:
You are strongly encouraged to read the entire announcement before you submit your application for this position. To begin the application process, click here, follow the prompts to log-in/register, submit all required documents, and complete the assessment questionnaire. To be considered, you must submit a complete application package by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on April 27th, 2020. All required supporting documents will be collected electronically via the USAJOBS document portfolio feature. If you cannot apply online, you must contact the Human Resources Office listed below for assistance no later than three business days prior to the closing date of this announcement. You must provide complete application materials by the day the announcement closes. For detailed instructions to assist you in ensuring your application package is received, go to EPA Announcement Policies and Procedures.
Eligibility Requirements: To be eligible, a Recent Graduate must within the previous two years, have completed all course requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. The two years begin with the date all degree or certificate requirements are met, not the graduation date.
Note: Eligibility for a veteran, in this case, cannot exceed six years from the date which the veteran completed his/her degree.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty;
- Non-preference eligible veterans must apply within two years of completing all course requirements for a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution.