The 12-credit hour Business Minor Concentration is designed for students who want to excel in the real-world business environment. This minor includes core classes in Marketing, Management, Accounting and Finance, followed by a choice of emphasis and concludes with a capstone business plan development project. For the e+ Business Minor Concentration, students can only choose between three different emphasis track options: Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Analytics or Business Leadership
Engineering Students who want to pursue the Business Minor concentration must apply for admission through the Leeds Business Minor. Engineering Plus students receive priority admission but must still meet all eligibility requirements found on website. Business Minor students have access to many Leeds School of Business resources, including ongoing professional development events and its extensive professional network. The Fall admission deadline is October 15th, the Spring deadline is March 15th, and the Summer deadline is February 15th.
Below are the credit hours required for the Business Minor Concentration:
- Principles of Marketing (BUSM 2010) 1.5 credits
- Principles of Management (BUSM 2011) 1.5 credits
- Principles of Accounting (BUSM 2020) 1.5 credits
- Principles of Finance (BUSM 2021) 1.5 credits
- Professional Business Plan Development (BUSM 4010) 3 credits
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Track
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship I (BUSM 3010) 1.5 credits
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship II (BUSM 3011) 1.5 credits
Business Analytics Track
- Business & Financial Analytics I (BUSM 3020) 1.5 credits
- Business & Financial Analytics II (BUSM 3021) 1.5 credits
Business Leadership Track
- Business Leadership (BUSM 3031) 3 credits
- 12 credits
Note: Section numbers must match for the 1.5 credit courses (i.e. BUSM 2010-100 & BUSM 2011-100)
Note: Beginning with the incoming class of Fall 2016, all courses in each e+ Concentration require a minimum grade of C.
Note: Students need a minimum of 3 semesters in order to complete the Business Minor.