If one or all of these statements apply to your future goals, Engineering Plus may be the right engineering degree for you!
What makes up an Engineering Plus degree?
A B.S. degree in Engineering Plus is made up of Foundational Coursework, Engineering Core courses, an e+ Emphasis (in Aerospace, Architectural, Civil, Electrical, Environmental or Mechanical engineering), plus a chosen e+ Concentration either within or external to engineering. With 18 e+ Concentrations to choose from, students often pick CU Teach Engineering, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Pre-Med, Environmental Policy, or Business. This entails a minimum of 128 credit hours as follow:
- Foundational Coursework: 46-48 credits
- Engineering Core: 27 credits*
- e+ Emphasis: 22-28 credits*
- e+ Concentration: Generally 12-18 credits, which vary by Concentration chosen
* Credits vary by the Emphasis chosen, but for graduation requirements, the sum of credits in the Core and Emphasis coursework must be 52 or greater.