Published: Oct. 5, 2020

Congratulations to Otha Barrow, Engineering Plus senior undergraduate academic advisor, for earning the University Excellence Award. This is award recognizes staff from the entire University of Colorado system who go above and beyond their job duties and consistently surpass expectations.

Otha Barrow was recognized for his multiple contributions to CEAS departments, programs, faculty, staff, and students. However, his dedication to students is what truly sets Otha apart. 

Otha..

• "is an advisor who follows through, who is committed to his students, and who has made a difference in my college career. His positive attitude and ability to keep things in perspective has helped me feel calmer during times of high stress. He is someone who should be recognized for his efforts, because they are constant and selfless."
  • "genuinely cares about my growth as a student and a person and I greatly appreciate him for that."
  • "goes the extra mile to connect with his students to understand their individual needs and to cater to the complexity of the e+ student community. He is a joy to work with and always has a positive and constructive attitude when approached."
  • "knows who I am. On top of that he always had an answer for my questions."

Congratulations Otha, and thank you for all your hard work!

Screen Shot of Awards Ceremony
Photo: Staff Excellence Award Ceremony. September 25, 2020