Ready to give back?
Become a part of the ENVS community!
Have some fun!
Volunteering is a great way to achieve all of those things. Check out the upcoming opportunities on the right and sign up today!
Every student volunteer will get to adopt Stewart, a very happy Quokka. He will be featured on our volunteer tee shirts to look adorable and bring awareness to his species!
- Known as the "happiest animal in the world" due to their cute and friendly appearance.
- Quokka's grin is largely due to their facial muscles and protruding front teeth.
- No one is sure why their facial expressions resemble a smile, but some believe it helps them cool down.
- Native to Rottnest Island in Western Australia, and are about the size of a domesticated cat.
- They're herbivores and are mainly nocturnal.
- They're very clever animals and can learn tricks, gestures...and simple commands!
- They can live up to 10 years in the wild and 15 in captivity.
- Quokkas are listed as vulnerable due to predation by feral animals, altered fire patterns & habitat loss.
Stewart won't be around forever, so if you're ready to adopt Stuart, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
If you have any feedback on how we can improve or change anything. Email email@example.com to let us know how we can work with you to make this enjoyable for all!