A List of Famous Men & What I Had On"Part 1980s and 1990s nostalgia, part exuberant storytelling, I'm So Fine: A List of Famous Men & What I Had On turns a sharply humorous magnifying glass onto gendered interactions in daily life, framed primarily by random celebrity encounters in Los Angeles. Far from a narrative of fame-chasing or conceit, however, I'm So Fine breathlessly addresses what it means for a woman to fight for dignity and survival in an often hostile environment, to come into her own power as she decides what she wants for herself "& mostly gets its every fineness."

I’m So Fine is an accumulation that is the feminine memory that has had enough. This book is strength, is a critique, is subversive, is a woman, a fist, an lol, an F.U., a refusal, a gaze back at the gaze, is inevitable freedom wearing a flowered dress Kente cloth bomber jacket red lipstick white jeans a velvet choker white platform sandals a black turtleneck electric blue column dress an eggshell blouse with a high collar & pearl buttons is wearing a powerful woman’s body and mind. -Natalie Diaz, author of When My Brother Was an Aztec

Khadijah Queen’s fearless new collection, I’m So Fine: A List of Famous Men & What I Had On, is equal parts illuminating and disconcerting, much like the celebrity cultures and patriarchal systems the book critiques. These always stylish, quick-witted pieces serve as a pop culture archive—of almost forgotten R&B singers and A-list movie stars, rappers and comedians—while breaking down fame in all of its glittery, corporation-supported entitlement. By offering us a sophisticated new lens through which we might view self-actualization, Queen reframes our understandings of gender and notoriety. —Adrian Matejka, author of The Big Smoke