The BOLD Advisory Council (BAC), advises the BOLD Center on continually improving access to engineering education for students historically underserved in STEM fields.
The purposes of the BOLD Advisory Council are:
- To act as an accountability partner and advisory body to the BOLD Center and the Assistant Dean for Inclusive Excellence in the College of Engineering and Applied Science regarding access, retention and performance of underrepresented engineering students.
- Communicate semi-annually to the college’s advisory council (EAC) on matters of interest to the BAC and approved by the Chair, Vice Chair and Assistant Dean Provide advice and feedback on allocation of BOLD resources towards various programs and initiatives.
- Help create internship and other professional and networking opportunities for underrepresented engineering students to connect with industry representatives throughout their undergraduate experience Participate in resource development to support and expand BOLD Center operations, programmatic and scholarship funding through advocacy for corporate and foundation funding of annual gifts and endowments, and through the annual contribution of private gifts, to benefit BOLD initiatives.
- Assist the college in expanding community relations beyond the Advisory Council to further the college’s diversity initiative and expand access to underrepresented students Help develop, guide and serve as an extension of the BOLD team’s external education and outreach—including creating connections between K–12, community colleges and the university
- Serve as advocates of BOLD’s mission and purpose within corporate and professional communities, promoting the value BOLD adds to the College of Engineering and the university.