Are you a graduate student interested in conducting research at CU? If so, please prepare a current CV, your academic transcripts, and a brief written statement describing your research interests at CU. You may then email these directly to the CU professor(s) whose projects align with your interest.

If you are successful in securing a research placement, your next step is to begin the J-1 visa paperwork.  

Funding Notes

  • J-1 visa regulations require visiting scholars to CU to demonstrate financial support of $1845/month
  • Departmental funding is sometimes available depending on the scholar's particular skill set
  • J-1 scholars are not required to pay tuition, but they likewise cannot enroll in CU courses