We do this because our constituents benefit from understanding that we are related to the University of Colorado Boulder. This translates into a higher level of trust and perception of value of your organization. We will not create or support logos/wordmarks/designs outside of these guidelines.
Departments, centers, institutes and programs are invited to work with us on graphic elements to be used in brochures, signage, t-shirts and interior design that convey or symbolize important aspects of your work.
- Graphic elements do not contain the name of your program, they are symbolic.
- Graphic elements are not used next to your CU logo.
- In most cases, vivid photographs of aspects of your work do more than a graphic element, and are more closely aligned with our brand.
Digital signage is reserved for events and messaging that affect a majority of the College of Engineering & Applied Science student population.
• 5 slides max
• Approved or designed by marcomm team
• Slides must be submitted two weeks prior to requested display time
• Must adhere to university branding for typography and color
• Display time for each slide = 2 weeks max
All slides must meet these specifications:
Dimensions: 1920 x 1080 pixels
Suggestions for designing your screen:
Slides run for only a few seconds. That means text should be kept very minimal. We recommend:
• Headline (5 words or less)
• Short description of event (think like a tweet - around 140 characters)
• Time/date/place of event
• Short URL to learn more
• Must include sponsoring logo (college, department, unit, student org., etc.)
We encourage you to provide your own content. Below is a template and some exemplary screens we've run in the past.
Engineering has access to these digital screens:
- Aerospace building - managed by college
- DLC lobby - managed by college
- Engineering lobby - managed by college
- Engineering Management Program lobby (south entrance by Celestial Seasonings Cafe) - managed by college
- BOLD Center TV (hanging from the ceiling outside BOLD Center) - managed by BOLD Center
- SEEC Lobby - contact Troy Burke at email@example.com
- University Memorial Center - for broader campus promotion, costs associated see guide and specs
Helvetica Neue is the designated typeface for the University of Colorado Boulder. In the absence of Helvetica Neue, the Arial type family is an acceptable substitute.
Please reference the campus brand guidelines on typography for more information.
University of Colorado Boulder | College of Engineering and Applied Science
000-000-0000 | email
- Use Arial font
- Do not use "www" in your URLs for a cleaner look
- CEAS logo for download
- Mac directions to add signature image and link
- PC directions to add signature impage and link
Please note we are no longer using the "125 years" email signature.
Examples coming soon.