The College of Engineering and Applied Science is dedicated to an open, inclusive, and supportive environment for all of its students, staff, and faculty. As dean, I want to emphasize the importance of fostering a positive learning and working environment. Our interactions should be guided by mutual respect and collegiality, based on the following principles:
- Nondiscrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, individual handicap, national or ethnic origin, or other factors not related to performance.
- The right of each individual to articulated and fair performance expectations and evaluations.
- Access of each individual to resources and opportunities needed for success.
- The value of each individual is recognized and respected by other members of the college.
- The college environment provides opportunities for all members to work individually and cooperatively toward the common goal of excellence in education, research and service.
Discrimination, exploitation, intimidation, sexual harassment and other inappropriate behavior of any kind by members of the college is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
I ask for your support in recognizing and honoring the diversity of our community through the highest standards of conduct and respect for all individuals. In this way, we can advance not only the college as a whole, but also each of our individual members.