Graduation Student Checklist
All communication from the EMP and the University will be sent to your Colorado.edu email address only. Please ensure that you have emails forwarded from your CU account to the email address you check most frequently. Please make note of all of the below deadlines. In order to process your paperwork through the Graduate School, it is essential that the Engineering Management Program receive your information on time.
Complete the below items by the following date according to the semester you plan to graduate:
- Fall: September 1
- Spring: January 2
- Summer: May 1
Complete the EMP 10-course sequence (30 credits). Use the EMP website as a resource in reviewing the required courses.
- Access to your transcript is available on Buff Portal (choose “View my Unofficial Transcript” under "Grades and GPA").
- Fall 2021 will be 30 credits of coursework. Starting in Spring 2022, there will be a Capstone option that counts towards 3 credits of elective credits; more information is forthcoming.
Fill out the Graduation Notification Form.
Apply for graduation by logging into the Buff Portal and typing in "Apply for Graduation" in the search bar.
Fill out the Candidacy Application for an Advanced Degree form, which can be found on the Graduate School website.
- List all non-degree EMEN credits in the ‘Transfer’ section.
- Your signature is required on the form.
- Submit the completed Candidacy Application to Kendra Thibeault.
The Graduate School stipulates that you must be registered for at least one credit hour the semester you graduate.
If you are completing a certificate, please fill out this Certificate Completion Form before you graduate. A paper certificate is mailed approximately 8 weeks after the end of the semester that you graduate. If you did not establish a separate diploma address when you applied to graduate, your certificate will be mailed to your home address. Students may not double count courses between multiple certificates.