For the convenience of our School of Education students, we created this page as a compendium of key dates for student success. The dates on the right are epecially relevant to our School of Education students, and the Academic Calendar below pulls from the calendar provided by the Registrar's Office.
Key Dates for Licensure
- PRAXIS Exam Dates
- July 31, 2020: Have Requirements for Student Teaching Completed
- August 1, 2020: Legal Quiz Due
- August 7, 2020: Mandatory Kickoff Meeting
- August 10-18, 2020: Fall Placement Begins
- September 10, 2020: Spring Student Teaching Applications Due
- September 18, 2020 (week 6 of Student Teaching): TC Self-evaluations Due
- End of September/Early October: Pre-placement Interviews
- Mid October (weeks 8-11 of Student Teaching Semester): Program Events
- Mid-to-late November : Program Events
- December 14-18, 2020: Fall-only Contracts End
- December 20, 2020: Have Requirements Met for Spring Student Teaching
The following exam information is from the ETS webpage for PRAXIS testing centers and test dates. You can also access tips and resources for how to prepare for the PRAXIS exam from the same website.
Elementary Education Content Knowledge (5018) and
General Science Content Knowledge (5435) share the same dates:
2020 Dates 9/7 to 9/26; 10/5 to 10/31; 11/9 to 11/28; 12/7 to 1/2/2021
2021 Dates 1/11 to 1/30; 2/8 to 2/27; 3/8 to 3/27; 4/5 to 4/24; 5/3 to 5/22; 5/31 to 6/26; 7/5 to 7/24; 8/2 to 8/28/2021
Social Studies Content and Interpretation (5086)
2020 Dates 9/7 to 9/26; 11/9 to 11/28; 12/7 to 1/2/2021
2021 Dates 2/8 to 2/27; 3/8 to 3/27; 4/5 to 4/24; 5/3 to 5/22; 7/5 to 7/24/2021
Spanish: World Languages (5195)
2020 Dates 9/28 to 10/3; 11/30 to 12/5/2020
2021 Dates 2/1 to 2/6; 4/26 to 5/1; 7/26 to 7/31/2021
MIddle School Mathematics (5169), Mathematics Content Knowledge (5161), English Language Arts Content Knowledge (5038) and Latin (5061) are offered continuously throughout the year.
All course and licensure exam requirements must be met (or have an ERC-approved petition) in order to move into fall student teaching placements.
Legal Issues Quiz must be completed and passed.
On August 7, from 12:30-2:00 MST, our Mandatory Kickoff meeting will be held for fall placements (whether single semester or full year). Students should be prepared to return to campus earlier than in other semesters as they will be following district calendars from this point forward.
2:30-4:00: Possible Seminar #1 at supervisors’ discretion
Contracted student teaching fall placements begin.
This is the application deadline for spring semester student teachers. Applications are due. Fingerprinting must be submitted by this date. PRAXIS should be taken (and ideally passed). Students without passing scores at this time will be referred to the ERC to discuss plans to retake and possibly petition for an extension.
TC self-evaluations are due.
Pre-placement interviews for spring student teaching take place.
edTPA project submission deadline (date TBD, typically at week 10)
Upcoming Spring TCs register for student teaching classes (registration opens 10/12/20)
Round Robin event (mandatory seminar) is held (date TBD, typically during week 11)
Mid-term coaching takes place weeks 8-10
Evaluations of TCs are due on October 16, 2020
Week 17: Educators’ Panel (mandatory seminar, date TBD) is held
Weeks 16-19: Final coaching takes place
Evaluations of TCs are due on December 7, 2020
Fall-only contracts end
All course and licensure exam requirements must be met (or have an ERC-approved petition) in order to move into spring student teaching placements; tthis will be for spring semester only placements.
Key Dates for Undergrad Students
Key Dates for Grad Students
- August 3-20: MA+ Humanities Students Take Augmester Course
- August 10-21: Augmester Placements for MA+ Humanities Students
- August 24 (Monday): Committee Member Names Due
- September 18 (Friday): Candidacy Applications Due
- October 1 (Thursday): Apply to Graduate
- October 23 (Friday): Comps Week Begins
- October 23: Midterm Practicum Professional Feedback Form Due
- October 26 (Monday): Portfolios Due
- October 30 (Friday): Written Exams Due
- November 9-13: Comps Oral Defenses
- November 18 (Wednesday): Exam Report Forms Due
- December 7 (Monday): Grade Changes Due for Incompletes
- December 7: Final Practicum Professional Feedback Form Due
MA+ Humanities Students begin their Augmester course
Augmester Placements for MA+ Humanities Students (M-F, 8am-3pm): August 10-21, 2020
Committee member names due to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are taking a take-home comprehensive exam in Fall semester, please e-mail the names of your committee members by this date as we need to confirm that all members have committee approval.
Candidacy Application for an Advanced Degree
Candidacy Applications are available online:
ALL MA students are Plan II – non-thesis.
If you are planning to graduate at the end of Fall semester, please read, complete, and sign the candidacy application. Check it carefully. Get your faculty advisor’s signature on it, and submit as a PDF via e-mail.
Apply for graduation online!
This is a university requirement: Students must apply for graduation online through MyCUInfo whether or not they plan to attend the ceremony. Students who do not apply by this date will not be able to graduate as of the Fall term.
Beginning of Comps Week: Comp Exam questions (take-home, if applicable) e-mailed to student by comps committee chair by 9am.
Midterm Practicum Professional Feedback froms due for MA+ Humanities students.
EECD portfolios are due at 5:00 p.m.
Written comps responses (exams) for those programs who do them will be due on Friday, October 30 at 5:00 p.m.
Comps oral defenses (if applicable)
ALL Exam Report Forms due to Graduate Program Coordinator via email@example.com.
Grade changes due for Incomplete courses. No grace period.
Final Practicum Professional Feedback froms due for MA+ Humanities students.