In the spring of 2023, the Environmental Center is hosting the 4th annual President's Sustainable Solutions Challenge, inviting students to present their ideas for sustainable innovations and solutions for the University of Colorado Boulder. To participate, students will create short pitch presentations that address environmental quality, natural resource use, social justice, and economic longevity in the CU Boulder system. Through sponsorship from the CU President's Office, winning proposals will be awarded $1500, while a runner up and an audience favorite will each be awarded $500. All proposals will be considered for implementation post-competition. Interested students can sign up to participate or learn more.
How to Compete
- Fill out the interest form.
- Attend information sessions and workshops hosted by the Environmental Center to hone your ideas, meet potential team members, and network with sustainability professionals on campus.
- With your group or as an individual participant, create an executive summary, a slide deck, and a ten minute presentation that addresses the details of your sustainable innovation.
- After an executive summary and a slide deck are submitted, a review committee of experts will let you know if your proposal has been selected to present at pitch night, where winners will be chosen and announced.
Proposals can cover any sustainability topic area and will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Anticipated impact
- Innovation in addressing a sustainability issue
- The feasibility of the idea