Bike Station Mechanic Level I
This is an entry-level bike station mechanic position. Some experience working on bikes is preferred. Further bike maintenance training will also be provided.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing routine bike maintenance.
- Registering student or affiliate bikes.
- Renting Buff Bikes and Semester Rentals.
- Providing a high level of customer service.
- Maintaining a high degree of cleanliness and organization at both stations.
- Helping with Bike Program events outside normal Bike Station hours.
Successful completion of following orientations and training:
- E-Center orientation
- Bike Station Orientation
- Level I Bike Mechanic Training
Some experience working on bikes is preferred. Experience working as a bike mechanic or completion of any bicycle mechanic courses is a plus.
Skills and Traits:
- Enthusiastic, positive, analytical
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Team working skills
- Organizational skills
- High energy level
- Ability to solve problems in various situations
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-functional, multi-cultural environment
- Able to sit, stand and or walk throughout the scheduled work shift.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Hours and Scheduling:
- CU Boulder student employees are able to work a maximum of 25 hours per week.
- Bike Station Mechanics typically work 2-3, 4 hour shifts per week.
- The CU Boulder Bike Program will work around each student employees academic schedule.
Bike Refurbishing Warehouse Mechanic
This is a student position with the Environmental Center’s Bicycle Recycling and Processing Program. The warehouse mechanic will be tasked with preparing bicycles for our annual fall bike sale and the semester rental program. This position is available now, any new hiree would start immediately.
Available hours fluctuate throughout the year. In the summer; 20-40 hours per week. 10-15 hours per week during the school year.
- Refurbish used bicycles
- Keep a thorough record of bikes refurbished
- Maintain the warehouse space
- Help with the sale day-of
- Intermediate bike mechanic skills
- Self motivated
- Passion for bicycles
- Ability to lift 40 lbs over head
- Comfortable climbing ladders
- Willing to work in outdoor environment in all seasons
Cover Letter and Resume
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
. CU Boulder Bike Program is not currently hiring but are always looking for candidates.